I’m back from the Artist’s Market. (See: Going to Market) Didn’t make any sales, which is a bit disappointing, but I enjoyed myself regardless. Got to relax, work on some of my portable projects (details to come), and hang out with other artists whilst subsisting on a steady stream of free hot dogs (Huzzah!); which is a decidedly good way to spend a weekend.
Over the two days I also met and talked textiles with Hanna Christiansen of Golden Raven Studio. She’s a fellow fiber fanatic and just incredibly cool. Gave me tons of ideas and advice about costuming as well as one of her gorgeous dyed bags to use for my spinning, which I absolutely love. (Thanks again!)
It’s incalculably better than what I was using before (an endless march of old plastic bags from random shops) and will definitely see a lot of use.
In making news, there’s been a lot of progress made on the blue-green quilt that I’ve yet to talk about. Most of it was done in a nigh-feverish attempt to finish in time for the Artist’s Market. Didn’t end up working out that way, but I did manage to get roughly half of the 3″ blocks pieced to the top. Here’s what it looks like now:
That’s 129 blocks, which means I’ll need to make 147 more to finish this section. 7 of those I made today. (Didn’t have work because of the heavy snow. Our building closes with the school district.) I also made about 50 more 2″ blocks (I need 504 of those in total), so it’s been a pretty productive snow day.