Postage Stamp Complete!
In what I suspect may be a new hand-quilting speed record (for me), this quilt is done after just a week. Impressive because I did twice as much stitching on this as I usually do for a quilt. Even better, I didn’t destroy the thumb, index, and middle fingertips of my right hand like I usually do when quilting this much. I’m okay with this.
It hasn’t changed much/at all from the last picture you saw of it, but here’s the finished product.
You can’t really tell, but it’s quilted in a grid. There’s a line of stitching on every other row/column of squares. (That’s 41 different lines across the top and a lot of quilting.) As you can see though, the back isn’t pieced. This is the first time in quite a while that I’ve used a solid backing on a quilt. Mostly because I really wasn’t in the mood to do any more piecing after putting together that top.
For the record, this one is made from repurposed cotton and linen, as well as leftover scraps of new cotton quilting fabrics, and has whittled down my stash of lingering scraps very effectively. Mission accomplished! Now, to stow it in my car.